Prince Harry claims he was not invited on his family’s private royal jet after hearing the news that Queen Elizabeth II was dying.
“I asked my brother – I said, ‘What are your plans?’ How are you and Kate? [Middleton] getting up there?’” the Duke of Sussex recalled during his “60 Minutes” interview with Anderson Cooper that aired Sunday.
“And then, a couple of hours later, all of the family members that live within the Windsor and Ascot area were jumping on a plane together. A plane with 12, 14, maybe 16 seats.”
When Cooper bluntly asked him to clarify whether he was “invited on that plane,” Harry replied, “I was not invited.”
As Page Six previously reported, Harry arrived at Balmoral Castle hours after his grandmother died on Sept. 8, 2022.
While his family members arrived in Scotland around 4 pm, the Duke of Sussex did not touch down until nearly an hour and a half after Buckingham Palace announced the Queen’s death.
A royal source told Page Six at the time that the family did not intentionally leave on the plane without Harry.
“Absolutely no decision was taken to exclude [Harry],” the source said, amid reports that the royal was denied a seat on the aircraft.
The source added that Harry’s father, King Charles III, had already asked him and Prince William to rush to Balmoral to see the Queen as her health rapidly declined.
Now Harry has finally told his side of the story, claiming his relatives set off to see the Queen without him amid his ongoing feud with his family members.
At the time, California-based Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, were in the UK for charity work and were staying at their residence in Windsor.
Charles allegedly made it clear that the “Suits” alum should not accompany Harry to see the Queen.
“Tensions were so high and there was no way Meghan could have gone to Balmoral,” a palace insider shared. “The fact the Sussex camp did say both Harry and Meghan were going — and then quickly retracted that statement — will tell you everything you need to know about the drama behind the scenes.”
Page Six also exclusively reported at the time that Harry learned of his grandmother’s death from the news — rather than from family members or palace officials.
Harry also revealed what his final words to his grandmother were following her death in his controversial memoir, “Spare.”
He whispered that he hoped she was happy and that she was with his grandfather, Prince Philip, who had died a year earlier at age 99. He also told her he “admired her for having fulfilled her duties until the very end.”
Harry reiterated the same sentiment during his “60 Minutes” interview as he recounted the day he said goodbye to his grandmother.
“I was actually – I was really happy for her. Because she’d finished life. She’d completed life, and her husband was waiting for her. And the two of them are buried together,” Harry told Cooper.
Harry mourned the loss of the Queen alongside Markle during the UK’s 10-day mourning period. After her death, Harry, 38, and Markle, 41, publicly reunited with William and Kate, both 40, for the first time since March of that year.
Tensions had been high between the brothers since Harry and Markle exited the royal family in 2020 and moved to the US, where they now reside with their two children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1.
While the reunion may have signaled that peace was possible between the estranged brothers, Harry has since slammed his older sibling in his new memoir.
He claimed that the Prince of Wales physically attacked him after they got into an argument over Markle. He also claimed that William and Kate played a part in his decision to wear a Nazi uniform to a costume party in 2005.
Harry’s book also slams Charles and his second wife, Queen Consort Camilla.
Prior to the book, Harry and Markle also slammed the royal family in their Netflix docuseries, “Harry & Meghan,” and during a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021.
Page Six reached out to Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace for comment on Harry’s latest claims. We’re told neither will be addressing the allegations at this time.